Leading up to the Lunar New Year, we knew at GG Headquarters that we wanted to do something extra special this year! Every year, we partner with the incredibly talented Kathy Phan to collaborate on a unique Lunar New Year card - this year, why not take it a step further? And by one step further, of course, our brains naturally jumped to:
- Exclusive ceramic mug
- Sticker & magnet set
- Brew guide, with our Vietnam Hung Farm, dialed in on a clever dripper
- Cute GG enamel bag pin
- Vietnam Hung Farm
Our expectations were blown away by how quickly this bundle sold out - wow! Thank you all so much for your support. All of the artists that were a part of this bundle operate women-owned small businesses, so let’s give them a shout-out:
Kathy Phan - kathyphantastic.com, watercolor prints, stickers, magnets & more, oh my!
Anna Ho - hollowgoods.com, ceramic artist
Now, let’s get back to the coffee! Our head roaster, Justin has been obsessed with the Clever Dripper. Seriously, we can’t get him to make us a pourover on anything else - and we can’t blame him. The clever has been the brewer of our dreams for those days when we are working from home, and hit the ‘snooze button’ a few too many times. Below is a longer format brew recipe for the Hung Farm, on the clever dripper.
Clever Dripper recipe:
- 25 grams of Vietnam Hung Farm - Anaerobic Natural, ground medium-coarse.
- You’ll need 400g of water (at 203° Fahrenheit)
- Completely wet your filter, before the ground coffee goes in, dump the water out and add your freshly ground coffee.
- Tare out your scale and pour all 400g of water in at once. Be sure to cover all the grounds, leaving no dark spots.
- Once you have all of your water in, stir the slurry clockwise. 3 or 4 rotations.
- Drain the Clever Dripper into your pre-heated decanter at 4 minutes.