Virtual Team Building.
Whether your team is working from home in Austin or Zoom-ing from all over the globe, our virtual team builders are the perfect coffee break! Taste our award-winning roasts alongside our coffee professionals or engage in an all-out coffee competition between colleagues. Our team builders are interactive, engaging, and super duper fun.
All of our sessions can stand alone or be combined with your group’s agenda. Our staff will work with you to tailor experiences to meet your needs.Get Started
$200 + cost and shipping for brewing materials
Team Builder 1: Brew Along
Each participant will receive the same 12oz bag of coffee in the mail. The session will begin with a brief Q&A and overview of specialty coffee. Then the group will brew alongside one of our professional instructors, each team member using their preferred brew methods at home and learning new tips on how to get the most out of their home brewing experience. The group will taste together using the Specialty Coffee Association Flavor Wheel as a guide and compare notes.
$200 + cost and shipping of brewing materials
Team Builder 2: Barista Bootcamp
Learn the basics of espresso with our professional baristas! Team members will learn how to make espresso, froth milk, and pour latte art at home (with or without an espresso machine!) Then we'll engage in a little bit of healthy competition - either a signature drink challenge or latte art contest.
Up to 10
$200 + $50 per participant
Team Builder 3: At-Home Cupping
Learn to taste coffee like the pros! Each participant will receive an at-home cupping kit in the mail, which includes 3 4oz samples of coffee, a cupping bowl, a cupping spoon, info cards, and directions. One of our expert baristas will lead the session, going through flavor notes, tactile, and some basic seed-to-cup information.
We're open to any and all creative ideas! Here are some fun things we've done in the past.
- Tasting Challenge: Each team member receives three unmarked coffees and info cards in the mail. We'll lead your team through a blind coffee taste test over Zoom (or other application). Participants then match the coffees to their cards based on flavors, tactile, and aroma.
- Quick Coffee Company: Small groups of participants are given a coffee to taste and a fact-sheet about the coffee. They are then told that their team is a company, and that this coffee is their product. Each team is given 5-10 minutes to develop a name, logo, and tagline for their product.
- Each team then delivers a two-minute product pitch to the group. Optionally, teams can offer feedback, and/or a winner can be declared.
- Flavor Wheel #1: We deliver a 5-minute presentation on the Coffee Taster’s Flavor Wheel. Participants are then led to use the flavor descriptors to describe themself, their team, and their workplace.
- Flavor wheel #2: We deliver a 5-minute presentation on the Coffee Taster’s Flavor Wheel. Small groups of participants are then led to develop a wheel that represents team dynamics, and determine where on the wheel they’d like to be.
- Coffee Incorporated: Imagine that your workplace/group/team is a type of coffee. Create a name and tagline for this coffee, and design your label. Share your creative process with the other participants.
- Coffee personality quiz: Are you a traditional cup of joe? An upfront espresso? An experimental blend? A comforting latte? We can’t guarantee that this quiz is accurate, but it’ll definitely get people talking.
- Coffee Mad Libs: A zippy little activity. Everyone fills out a different, coffee-related Mad Libs sheet. They read them out loud, and hilarity ensues.
- Gift boxes including a bag of coffee, brewing equipment, GG swag, etc.
- A beverage on the house next time each participant visits our cafe
- Specialty home ingredient pairings (coffee + chocolate, coffee + fruit, coffee + pastries, etc.)
Note that these are general guidelines, and true pricing will vary depending on session length and your specific needs. We offer discounts to community groups and nonprofits. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.