SCA Barista Skills - Professional
Use code "SCABUNDLE" for 10% off when you register for two or more courses.
Designed to test advanced skills and knowledge of the science behind processes used by professional baristas. Successful candidates should have a detailed understanding of their ingredients and of the techniques available to maximize the quality of the drinks made. They should be able to manage the skills of others to produce quality drinks and provide excellent customer service. They should be able to maintain their equipment to ensure continued quality.
- Formulate balance of espresso flavor by manipulating extraction.
- Demonstrate use of measurement tools to assist in monitoring the extraction process. Measure total dissolved solids, alkalinity, total hardness, and pH of water and understand how the results will influence brewing.
- Freepour latte art patterns consistently
- Adjust café layout to correct problems related to speed, efficiency, workflow and customer traffic.
- Describe the process and importance of changing water filters, cleaning and changing grinder burrs, pump pressure adjustment, rebuilding steamwand valves, and changing grouphead gaskets and screens.
Duration: 3 days (including written and practical exam)
Prerequisites: Barista Skills Foundation is recommended but not required. Barista Skills Intermediate is mandatory before beginning Professional.
Course registration fees are non-refundable. Students may transfer registration to another course date with 7 day notice.
For additional dates and custom classes, contact firstname.lastname@example.org