SCA Barista Skills - Intermediate
Use code "SCABUNDLE" for 10% off when you register for two or more courses.
Designed to test core and advanced skills expected from a competent barista (6 months or more experience). Successful candidates should be able to calibrate their grinders, identify extraction using sensory cues, make a full range of drinks with quality and speed, free pour latte art patterns, as well as understand the requirements for equipment maintenance.
- Identify inherent characteristics of coffee and their effect on cup profile
- Organize equipment and drink production to achieve efficient workflow
- Understand extraction differences and how to correct improper balance
- Demonstrate consistent milk steaming and beverage production
- Learn the importance and basics of equipment maintenance
Duration: 2 days (including written and practical exam)
Prerequisites: Barista Skills Foundation is recommended but not required. It is recommended that students have been working for at least six months in a job that requires the use of Barista skills.
Course registration fees are non-refundable. Students may transfer registration to another course date with 7 day notice.
For additional dates and custom classes, contact firstname.lastname@example.org